Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Get to know me

LAILA YUNI ISTIQOMAH

HELLO, my name is Laila Yuni Istiqomah, now I am a student of Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta majoring in English Education Department. I originally from South Sumatera. In Yogyakarta I live in dormitory with my friends. in university life I joined some organization one of them is Student English Activity (SEA) UMY was established on August 17th 1998. SEA consited of a group of people who wanted to improve their English capability by practising while doing.



I feel comfortable in joining SEA since I am so motivated to improve my skill in English, also I can speak in full English without being embarassed because when we talk in English with another person or even inside my classroom they will looking at us different it is like we have do something wrong or even some of people think that we'are arrogance just because we talk in English.

 What I get from SEA is a family based-organization, when there is only 3 person from my major so by joining SEA UMY now I have a lot of firends from different major.
not only speaking in English, by joining SEA it can Improve our leadership skill, event-organizer skill, and etc. since, we have several agendas.

I believe I can learn so many things by joining this organization that I cannot get inside the classroom, having a lots of friends from different majors also can make me know how they stuggle with their subjects, with their campus life even sometimes help our friends assessment. 

Do not be afraid being different, and do not be afraid to take a challenge. because you'll never know what are waiting for you ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment